Saturday, June 14, 2008

BLACK SATURDAY

Saturday. 620am.

NO CONNECTION.


Dial 211. IT DEpartment. Busy tone.
Disable. Enable local area connection.
Restart PC.
Restart server.
Unplug the LAN. Plug the LAn.
Restart PC.
Local area connection properties, Support tab, click Repair connection.
Restart PC.
Change IP address. Return assigned IP address.

FAILURE. NO CONNECTION.

Think.


Shutdown other idle units connecting to server.
No Connection.


GGGrrrrr.

Did they turn off my connection? Did they restrict me to connect to the net? But i can't also connect to the server. How would i be able to open my work-related files?

Restart PC.

Coffee mode. WHile i was preparing my coffee, my mind is still on troubleshooting my connection.

Back to my PC.

No connection.


Dial 211. Still.. busy tone. Wasamater wid dem. GGrrrrr. It's already 720am. GGGgrrrrr. Downstairs i went to the IT Room. Gosh. No one is around. Phone hang up. GGGrrrrrrrrrr.

Back to my PC. Sweating.


No connection.


Sitting on my chair staring blankly at the monitor.

Poke around.

The router under our workstation table caught my attention. Hmmmnnn.

Turn off the router. Unplug. (Somebody complains being disconnected Ahihihi. Oooppss... sorry. This will take just a fraction of your time) Plug, turn on the router.

RESTART PC.

LOCAL AREA CONNECTION IS NOW CONNECTED.

CLICK MOZILLA BROWSER. HOME: GOOGLE PAGE. BOOKMARKS. SYMBIANIZE.

AYun.

SHOUT NA!!!



WALASTIK.

It felt like i have exhausted all efforts to restore my connection.

Alas. Router time out lang pala. GGgrrrrr.



Saturday 805am

0 comments: