Thursday, July 16, 2009

oH, To HAVE BEAuTIful fEET!

oH, To HAVE BEAuTIful fEET!
by Cynthia Santiago

“For the yoke I will give you is easy, and the load I will put on you is light.” – Matthew 11:30

I got tired shopping for Christmas gifts for my friends, so I sat on a bench at the mall while I waited for my husband who checked out a photo exhibit.

As I sat there, I looked at the feet of passersby, especially those who were wearing fancy flip-flops that were so in fashion that season. Everyone had smooth feet.
I couldn’t help but sulk because, for the longest time, I’ve suffered from psoriasis and I have sores on my feet. They’re so ugly so I don’t dare wear flip-flops. In my mind, I kind of talked to the Lord, saying, “Lord, I am the only one with ugly feet. Would it spoil Your Grand Eternal Plan if I had beautiful feet?”

After the holidays, a friend told me that her relative who suffered diabetes had an amputation. Although she now has only one leg, she has well recovered and seems to have accepted her situation.

When I went home that day, I looked at the sores on my feet and they didn’t seem as ugly as I thought they were.
Be it psoriasis or diabetes, our burden will ultimately be light, because the Lord promises so in today’s Gospel.

REFLECTION:
By His wounds, we are healed.

Lord, I lay down all my burdens at Your feet today.

0 comments: