Thursday, December 17, 2009

MY SISTER'S KEEPER

I watched the film My Sister's Keeper last night and hell it was a real tear-jerker. I still remember the first time Ate Kimi had told me about the story squeezing her very own lachrymal glands from start to finish, and i got too interested without a single hint that the prospect of a child's death due to a disease is broached in it.


Cameron Diaz and Jason Patric conceived another child Anna (Abigail Breslin) through genetic engineering to keep her leukemic older sister (Sofia Vassilieva) alive through transfusions and transplants.


The movie wrung an outsize waves of emotion pulsing through my very veins, as i struggle to have my own emancipation from a malady that has been coursing in my life. While watching the film, i became unsure whether the tears were due to the film's audience manipulation, or due to the catharsis that i was undergoing right at that very moment.

I then felt this extreme longing for mom, who'd be at her very best in fighting for my life. I sometimes feel neglected and ignored under our very own roof, with everyone caring less for my sufferings. Maybe it hurts them also that i am into this, and ignorance is the better excuse for the matter.

Hays.

0 comments: